Wednesday, May 30, 2007

hey guys! so i had some trouble with this thing...mostly because i forgot like 4 passwords i made. oh well. i wrote it down now so we're clear. so summer has been busy already. i was in florida for a week just hanging out enjoying the weather and then i just got back from colorado. my cousin got married on the side of a mountain out there...it was amazing. we went white water rafting and hiking and enjoyed the mountains. it was a great trip! im not working until june, which is awesome, so im just hanging out and relaxing :)

I did get a chance to volunteer a few saturdays ago. my dad is the jersey chair of the arthritis foundation and they do a walk on the Cooper River (right near my high school) every year. I volunteered there, doing anything from setting up, registration, face painting and walking four miles with some kids who have juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. I had no idea how much arthritis affected young people, especially children. These kids were all less than 9 years old and already had survivor stories to tell. They were pretty incredible and i loved spending a few hours with them. Later this summer I'm looking to work on Habitat around here through a program I know. Anyone in the Philly area want to join in let me know!

Hope you guys are all having great summers! Keep in touch

No comments: