Thursday, July 5, 2007


Hey guys,
I did some experimenting and found out we can post pictures with our posts, hopefully this works out as planned. In the create a post page, there is an icon that looks like a picture, and if you click that it walks you through how to add pictures- so if you want to, add something from volunteering, or from something you did this summer that you want to share.
I am actually on vacation visiting my grandparents, aunt, uncle, and cousins on Orcas Island, WA, which is in Puget Sound. The picture is from the back porch of my aunt and uncle's house- imagine walking out and seeing that every day... It's absolutely amazing here and I've spent the last few days crabbing, fishing, catching shrimp, spotting seals, orca, bald eagles and doing plenty of other amazing things. It's really not hard to think of the Jesuit idea of "seeing God in all things" out here. I recommend it as a travel destination to anyone and everyone.
Other than this little vacation, I've been working away most of my summer as a full time bank teller- I have not been robbed yet, though I did think I lost $2,000 for a day- and spending the rest of my precious little time with friends and family, or sleeping. I've seen Kyle and Tommy (and Ginny once) but I miss the rest of my Loyola friends and cannot wait to get back. I'll be moving in on the 21st to train for my Service Coordinator position.
As Tommy already wrote, the McQuaid triage is planning on volunteering together soon, though we have not done anything yet. I look forward to it when we do it.
I hope everyone is having a great summer and I miss you all.
-Matt

No comments: