Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Happy Fourth of July Everybody

Hey guys,


Sorry I've been lacking in posts, I know everybody has missed me. I haven't been really doing too much this summer, I've been working 40 hours a week at Oak Hill Country Club (Johnny "Tiger" Mesko should know that being an avid golf fan). I enjoy it, and I'm making good money so I can't complain. I have also been hanging out with friends and family catching up and making up for time I was away. I just got back from Loyola, having gone to summer orientation for the new freshman class. It was a great time, I got to see Megan, Meggie, and even FJ. I really forgot how much I miss everything about Loyola and it has made me pretty anxious for the fall. I managed to grab a few recruits and secure a table at the fall club fair. All in all, a great experience.


As for service, I have been actively been pursuing a position as assistant (or hopefully head) coach of my youth group's senior high school softball team. Also, I have been looking into volunteering at Daystar, which is a house for children who have special needs. It is run by a group of nuns and relies a lot on volunteering from kids and adults to keep it going. Both my mom and sister have worked there in the past (and currently) and say that they need help with various gardening and outdoor work. I am hoping to do something with Matt and Kyle, actually Kyle was over tonight and the three of us have talked about doing something together.


I am really glad to hear that everything else is going well for everyone (sorry about the cavs, Mary), your volunteer spots seem like they are really awesome. Can't wait to see you guys soon, and feel free to im or call me, I'll leave my info at the end of the post.


Love,
Tommy
im:mcquaidlax6
cell:585-721-5658

No comments: