Friday, June 8, 2007

Hey Everyone,

Summer is going well down at Loyola... I think Celeste, Anter and I are holding down the fort ok... As usual Father Jack has been impossible to find (especially considering he is in California literally every 5 minutes).

Mostly I've just been moving into my new apartment (which now has furniture! Exciting!), working on my research and doing some babysitting and Care-a-van and such.

I did get a chance to go to the shelter and to the Ark, which is one of the day cares that a lot of the kids from the shelter go to. When I showed up at the Ark both Omar and Pops were there (some of you may remember Pops), Omar was very surprised and then kindly told me I was not supposed to be at the Ark I was supposed to be at the shelter, so I told him I was going to play at the Ark that day and asked if that were ok with him, he proceeded to hand me a book and say "ok you can read me this book".... needless to say we had a great time. I'm sure by now Kyle is laughing hysterically at picturing this interaction between Omar and I. People at the shelter are doing well... a few have moved on, but most said that they miss us terribley. August and Robert are gone as well as Christopher, but Deja, Omar, Sean, London, Nic, etc are still around and getting ready for camps and things like that. At the shelter Omar proceeded to tell everyone we saw I had been at his school and we had read books together, it was very amusing.

For those of you that go to Care-a-van (Megan, Meggie, Alicia) I have seen both Tino and Mike in the past few weeks and they are both doing well with their jobs and apartments which is always good to hear!

My last update is that my Relay at home was a great success raising almost $200,000 and a ton of fun!

I hope everyone's summer is going well, if you happen to visit Loyola at all this summer let me know cause I have a pool and a spare bedroom! :)

Talk to you all soon,
Ashley

1 comment:

Celeste! said...

Hi Ashley,

I'm glad you like your new apartment! What days do you go to the shelter or Ark, because if I'm off from work and if I'm allowed to, I'd love to go with you. Also, does Beans and Bread needs any help or if Last Sunday meals are still going on?

Hope to see you around again soon! I haven't seen you since that five seconds at Honfest :P

Celeste